Welcome to the once a month blogger! The purpose of this blog is really to share ideas/thoughts/projects and maybe even a story or two!

I became a stay at home mom after having my second child. As a new stay at home mom I wanted a way to document the things I'm working on as well as share with anyone who might care to listen. I have gotten so many great ideas from others that I want to pay it forward in any way I can.

As for the name, "The Once a Month Blogger," Well, I have to be honest, that is extremely ambitious for me! I've had a personal blog site for about 6-7 years and have probably written on it less than a dozen times. My posts aren't likely to be long. I like to try to keep things as brief as possible!

As a warning, if you're looking for comic relief or inspiring literary genius...you won't find it here. But

I promise I will do my best to post once a month or more, even if only to briefly update you on a current project. Hopefully you can find something you'll like!

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Amazing Baked Onion Rings!



Okay, so I made these a couple weeks ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking about them since!  They are A..MAZ..ING.  No joke.  You seriously have to try them.  And they're easy to make!!  I tried them two weeks ago and since then I have made them 5 times.  That's how much I love them.  And I don't feel guilty about eating them because they are healthy!  (Until I dip them in fry sauce with Siracha.)  There aren't many things that I think taste better than their fattening counterparts, but  I actually like these better than the greasy Onion Blossoms you get from restaurants!

I posted a picture of them right out of my oven (and it's a good think too, because they didn't last long!) and posted it on my personal Facebook page.  I got so many requests for the recipe I thought I'd share here too in case you haven't stumbled upon it on Pinterest.  The recipe is from the incredible Tiffany from "Creme de la Crumb."  Check out  her website for the recipe here.

Most of my food posts on here are mostly recipes that I've adapted from other recipes I've found.  Not this one.  Nope.  It didn't need to be changed.  At all.  I make it almost exactly as written.  The only thing I do differently is that I put the rings of onion in a large freezer bag, put the water in there, drain it, and then pour the flour mixture into the bag.  Zip it up and shake to coat.  It saves me a lot of time and I don't think it affects the flavor at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment