Welcome to the once a month blogger! The purpose of this blog is really to share ideas/thoughts/projects and maybe even a story or two!

I became a stay at home mom after having my second child. As a new stay at home mom I wanted a way to document the things I'm working on as well as share with anyone who might care to listen. I have gotten so many great ideas from others that I want to pay it forward in any way I can.

As for the name, "The Once a Month Blogger," Well, I have to be honest, that is extremely ambitious for me! I've had a personal blog site for about 6-7 years and have probably written on it less than a dozen times. My posts aren't likely to be long. I like to try to keep things as brief as possible!

As a warning, if you're looking for comic relief or inspiring literary genius...you won't find it here. But

I promise I will do my best to post once a month or more, even if only to briefly update you on a current project. Hopefully you can find something you'll like!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudgy Cake in a Crockpot


It's a mouthful for a title, but it's a mouthful of deliciousness peanut buttery, chocolatey,  heaven.
I absolutely LOVE this cake!!  I've tried a crockpot lava cake before, and though others liked it, I wasn't a fan.  What I really wanted, was a little something with chocolate and peanut butter.  So I found a recipe I thought I'd like and improvised a little.  I found the base recipe here.  I cut the recipe in half  and added a few things.  Check out her full recipe and compare :)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudgy Cake in a Crockpot.


1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 T. cocoa powder
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 cup milk
1 T. butter, melted
1/2 t. vanilla
3/4 t. almond extract
1/2 cup peanut butter (microwaved for 30 seconds)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk.
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 T cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water

It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it's really quite simple. (Believe me, I consider things with more that 6-7 ingredients a lot of work!)

In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients in order except the last three (1/2 C. brown sugar, 2 T. cocoa powder and boiling water).   Mix until smooth.  The batter will seem pretty thick.  Spread across the bottom of a 2 qt. crockpot (this cake will rise).  Add the 1/2 C. brown sugar and 2 T cocoa powder to the top.  Poor 1 cup boiling water over the top and DO NOT STIR.  Cover the crockpot and let sit about 90 minutes on high.  Serve with ice cream and indulge yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment