Welcome to the once a month blogger! The purpose of this blog is really to share ideas/thoughts/projects and maybe even a story or two!

I became a stay at home mom after having my second child. As a new stay at home mom I wanted a way to document the things I'm working on as well as share with anyone who might care to listen. I have gotten so many great ideas from others that I want to pay it forward in any way I can.

As for the name, "The Once a Month Blogger," Well, I have to be honest, that is extremely ambitious for me! I've had a personal blog site for about 6-7 years and have probably written on it less than a dozen times. My posts aren't likely to be long. I like to try to keep things as brief as possible!

As a warning, if you're looking for comic relief or inspiring literary genius...you won't find it here. But

I promise I will do my best to post once a month or more, even if only to briefly update you on a current project. Hopefully you can find something you'll like!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spicy Parmesan Pasta




Most of the recipes I post are adapted from recipes I find on Pinterest.  This one is no different. 
The recipe I used is from the Boss Sanders website.  I needed to make it a little more budget friendly.  The Boss Sanders recipe is for a Romano Chicken.  Since I work really hard to keep our family on a food budget, I needed to make a few changes. 

Much of the recipe is the same as the original, so I'll refer you to her website for the bulk of the recipe.  The main problem is that I didn't want to spend $4 on a small block of Romano Cheese and $4 on a small jar of Sundried Tomatoes.  Also, her recipe is too spicy for our family.  I even cut the cayenne pepper in half and it was still too spicy. 

So here are the changes.

For the Sauce:
  • No Romano cheese.  Instead add an additional 1/4 cup Parmesan.  I was able to get a small bag of Parmesan at Winco for $2.33, and I only used half the bag.  We use Parmesan a lot so the rest won't be wasted!
  • 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper instead of 2 tsp.
  • Leave out the black pepper and add it in the end if you need more kick.
 For the rest:

  • I added about 2 T of Red Cooking wine while cooking the mushrooms.  Yummmmm.
  • I left out the sundried tomatoes
  • I also left out the chicken to make a meatless meal.  
As always...Let me know if you have any questions!!



No comments:

Post a Comment